Been trying to us the nam server with no luck.  I connect, server begins download of  etnam/z_map_etnam_textures.pk3, I get about 97% downloaded and it boots me to a screen that says missing paks for these 3 items.

textures.pk3

0.1.0.pk3

bin_0.1.1 pk3

Takes about 5 minutes to download the textures pk3 at about a 96kb/sec speed(seems slow to me) before it boots me to error screen.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

1 hour ago, OldManJones said:

Been trying to us the nam server with no luck.  I connect, server begins download of  etnam/z_map_etnam_textures.pk3, I get about 97% downloaded and it boots me to a screen that says missing paks for these 3 items.

textures.pk3

0.1.0.pk3

bin_0.1.1 pk3

Takes about 5 minutes to download the textures pk3 at about a 96kb/sec speed(seems slow to me) before it boots me to error screen.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Jones I will test myself tomorrow  and will post

it is downloaded from the etnam mod folder/ftp 

is low for me aswell  same if the server is located in europ  i will see with our servers hoster

download_for_etnam_server.PNG

Posted (edited)

If you need the actual files for the server just to play it, here they are inside this .zip.

ets-etnam-files.zip

Just extract and place the "etnam" folder into the root of your ET installation directory.

if you need a good file archiver, you can download 7zip from here: https://www.7-zip.org/

also beth, the reason it takes so long to download these files is because they are huge, like 33MB as shown in these images. it's obviously going to take a bit to download them.

hence you might be better-off downloading and installing them manually from wolffiles.de as i did.

but i did create this .zip so you don't have to hunt-down the files yourself.

Edited by PsychoPappy 4
fixed 7zip link.
  • Thanks 1

will try to run mod domination for this server 

On 7/31/2018 at 6:29 PM, PsychoPappy 4 said:

...the reason it takes so long to download these files is because they are huge, like 33MB as shown in these images....

What type of internet providers do you folk have? What download speeds do you average? It would literally take me less than a minute to download a file of that size, it's tiny in respects to todays internet speeds.

1 hour ago, Wolf Enstein said:

What type of internet providers do you folk have? What download speeds do you average? It would literally take me less than a minute to download a file of that size, it's tiny in respects to todays internet speeds.

// My Setup / Source: Cable / Provider: PenTeleData / Router: Linksys E4200 v1 //

I got 60mbps down / 6 mbps up. my max download speed is 7.5MB/s. my actual average is 6MB/s.

but i can only download files from ET at 1.5MB/s max, at least from the main ets server, it's slower in the euro server.

Unless you have a good internet connection, and whether or not the server you are trying to play has a fast download redirect server, downloads can be as slow as molasses, especially if the server is far away from where you live. you gotta remember that ET was made at a time when Dial-up was still being used, which can have 56K max, so ET doesn't really utilize the faster download speeds we have today that well.

33MB files for ET are actually huge for the game, most files for ET weigh-in at  3 - 13 MB, to download ETnam you need literally 64MB worth of material compared to NoQuarter with 29.5MB, while silent 0.9.0 needs only 6MB!

Filesize in ET matters when you make stuff!

Well, it looks like your server provider is to blame for this out-dated download speed. All they have to do is set up a server redirect and the problem is solved.

The game may indeed be old, but the internet has not stood still. Speak to your server provider and get this fixed or it will cost you many players.

DD tested and it been fine for him 

anyways i will install  silent mod but to can run a panzerwar server this week

i tried to install domination mod but server cant be restarted , i will test again tomorrow 

beth, can you point me to where i can download the domination mod, so i can build a port of the menu.

Version 3.1 is about ready to be ported to other supported mods.

Wolfie, the servers beth has are fine. 1.5 megabytes per second is fast enough for ET.

It's only the fattest files that have issues. anything over 20MB is:  :dancer042:

2 hours ago, PsychoPappy 4 said:

beth, can you point me to where i can download the domination mod, so i can build a port of the menu.

Version 3.1 is about ready to be ported to other supported mods.

Wolfie, the servers beth has are fine. 1.5 megabytes per second is fast enough for ET.

It's only the fattest files that have issues. anything over 20MB is:  :dancer042:

here Pappy  

• Thanks 1